QUARANTINED...


So, it was funny before, but it's not funny any more. They have officially quarantined us for the Swine Flu virus. The room is off limits to anyone who isn't in full protective gear and a mask. Since Daniela has had a cold, they are taking extra precautions in case it is Swine Flu. They are making both Daniela and I start treatments of Tamiflu which is the swine flu medicine.

That's not even the worst part...Once the baby is born, they are going to take him away and put him in quarantine too. Daniela will not be able to see him or hold him for 48 hours after starting her Tamiflu treatment. They might let me see the baby if I don't have any flu symptoms. Very depressed right now...

8 comments:

Rickdaddy (bInKy) said...

Man that sucks, does she have sniffles or a full blown cold, seems like a little bit of an over reaction, but you can't be too safe with this bullshit pig flu. You guys should be fine, hang in there.

Im placing bets 10:23 is my estimate time of arrival.

James said...

Just a little sniffle and a scratchy throat. They've said that they don't think it's swine flu. But it is some new protocol that the hospital has put in place to be safe. I just feel bad for Daniela. It's not fair that she has to wait 2 days to see him.

Tiffany Findley said...

James that's awful!

James said...

Tell me about it...

Tiffany Findley said...

Can't they do a quick test to see if it's swine flu and then rule it out??

Rickdaddy (bInKy) said...

Yeah, won't they be able to test her for the regular flu, that test is done within minutes. If she doesn't have a regular flue there is no way she has SWINE.WTF

James said...

They said that the test can come back false negative. So regardless of what the test says, she is quarantined. Really sucks. And her temperature is now 98.8 degrees. So it is normal. Still quarantined though...

Marissa and Juan said...

That does suck!!!! I better get rid of my cough before this same thing happens to me! I wish you all the best of luck! Keep me posted.

Next Next Next